Miami is a fun place to visit! Here are some of the best activities to choose from.
We spent about four days with a group of friends in Miami and it was not enough! Our trip involved a lot of good food and relaxing on the beach, but I’m already itching to go again to take in more of the museums and art. Since it was my first trip, the Miami vibes were electric, and I loved its abundance of culture and activities. The sunshine and ocean air didn’t hurt either.
Miami has a variety of options Planning a trip to Miami? Here are some of the things you should consider doing! (Also great ideas for a Miami bachelorette party!)
Miami can eat up your bank account but the beach is free. Lay out your beach towel and jump right in!
- South Pointe Park Beach – great for families
- South Beach – more busy beach, gay-friendly section
- Miami Beach – beach-front resorts
- North Beach – laid-back area
- Sunny Isles Beach – white sand
Miami has a few museum options.
In addition to museums, Miami is full of art on the streets. From murals in Wynwood to historic buildings on South Beach, the opportunity to appreciate art seemed to be on every corner.
Wynwood Walls and Wynwood District
Specifically, the Wynwood Walls is a gated area with big murals, but you’ll find murals all over the Wynwood district. It’s fun walking around to see what you’ll find. We made a quick walk after lunch to hit a few dessert spots and loved all the art!
If you like architecture, you’ll love seeing all the art deco buildings. It’s so unique and colorful. We had fun walking around seeing the details and fonts. You’ll find most of it on Miami Beach, around Ocean Drive, Collins Avenue, and Washington Avenue. There’s also an Art Deco Welcome Center you can go for more information and tours.
- Food Tours – Let the experts take you to the best spots. Check out Miami Culinary Tours or Miami Food Tours for a food tour.
- Breweries – There are a handful of breweries in Miami. Consider a brewery crawl. See the breweries here.
- Restaurants – There are plenty of fantastic restaurants to try! See all my recommendations here.
Miami’s Great Outdoors
There’s more to Miami’s outdoors than the beach. You could take a sightseeing tour by boat around Miami or go discover the national parks.
- Everglades National Park
- Biscayne National Park
- Everglades Swamp Tour
- Miami Seaquarium
- Thriller Miami (speedboat tour)
- Island Queen Cruises (downtown leisure boat tour)
This section of the guide is for people who want to party and see if they can stay out until 5 a.m. Also great ideas for a bachelorette or bachelor party. The majority of Miami clubs and bars seem to play house and EDM music but there are a few places that have a little more of a variety (aka hip-hop and top 40).
- Do Not Sit on the Furniture – House music
- Electric Pickle – House music
- Bodega – DJ variety music (Restaurant is a cover. You’ll see the line of people waiting to go through the porta potty door into the bar!)
- Foxhole – DJ variety music
- Ball and Chain – salsa music and dancing in Little Havana
- Highbar at Dream – rooftop bar/lounge
If you want to get into one of the nightclubs in Miami get ready to wait in line, pay cover, and/or pay for bottle service and a table.
Depending on what you like to do, Miami would be a great place for a long weekend trip or I could even see five to seven days being a nice relaxing and activity-filled vacation. I hope you get to visit this fun city one day!
Have you been to Miami? What activities would you recommend?