This past weekend was absolutely magical. I got to see one of my best friends get married. And I’m still floating on the high.
This was the first wedding of one of my best friends where I really knew the groom, too, so it was extra special. I heard the story about their meeting right after it happened, met him a few months after they started dating (and watched them construct an interesting-looking gingerbread house), got to know him throughout the years and saw their journey together from the start. It’s extra special because I know for sure that their love for each other is deep, sincere and something we all want!
Rochelle and I actually didn’t like each other at first. I didn’t know who she was when we both went into high school, but I sure did know that she was dating my ex-boyfriend. They eventually broke up and we ended up with a lot of classes together one semester. We discovered we were both awesome and better off without that mutual boy and we became really good friends. I was there for her through the relationships that didn’t go right, and it’s interesting to realize that past all that heartache, she’s exactly where she is supposed to end up. She gets to spend the rest of her life with her best friend.
And they are not only best friends but soulmates. They complement each other so well, and honestly, they are two of the best people I know. Rochelle sticks up for the people she loves and she loves them deeply. She has always been the one with the right words to say, especially when life isn’t going right. Rasy always has a smile or friendly smirk on his face. He is always willing to jump in and help. And most of all, he takes care of and cherishes Rochelle like no other.
Throughout the weekend, I kept thinking about the happy moments that made me smile. Here are a few.
- believing that no matter what things they’ve done wrong in their relationship, they choose to love each other for the many more things that they’ve done right
- hearing the other bridesmaids shout out expressions of excitement and love throughout the day as we got ready
- seeing how Rochelle treated her precious flower girl, which made me sure she is going to be an awesome mom one day 😉
- watching her walk down the aisle to meet her love and both of them have happy tears
- standing next to her as she makes the most important promise of her life thus far
- hearing them recite the prayer they wrote, which was filled with the most sincere and personal hope, ambition and promise to create a beautiful marriage
- eating, dancing and partying for hours with people you love and respect so incredibly much
- knowing that no matter what her future holds, she has someone to endure and adventure with forever
I love you both! Thank you for being great friends to me and even better lovers to each other. Big, happy congrats to your future together! 🙂 <3