Austin Bachelorette Party ideas are here! Check out this post for information on where to stay, activities, and where to eat to plan your girls weekend in Austin.
Post last updated: February 2024
An Austin bachelorette party or girls’ weekend in Austin is a fun and popular idea because of the variety of things to do here. It’s been rated the top city to have a bachelorette weekend. Having planned and attended a few bachelorette parties in Austin, I hope some of these suggestions will help make your planning easier and make your weekend more fun!
Most of these suggestions are within the Austin city limits, but you could also consider Fredericksburg for a focus on wine tours or there are outdoor activities 30 to 45 minutes outside of town such as Lake Austin or Hamilton Pool.
This is a LIVE list, meaning it is continuously updated for accuracy and with new information. I hope it helps you plan the ultimate Austin bachelorette party!
When to Visit Austin
It’s always a good time to visit Austin! But, with mild winters and beautiful spring and fall, Austin is an ideal place for a getaway most of the year. For a breakdown by season, check out this post.
Where to Stay for an Austin Bachelorette Party
Choosing where to stay for your Austin bachelorette party is an important decision! It sets the tone for the trip and is the headquarters for all the fun. I recommend staying downtown to be close to activities and restaurants.
Rates will depend on general demand and what’s going on in the city, so if an event like SXSW or ACL is going on, rates will skyrocket.
Austin Bachelorette Party Activities
The fantastic thing about Austin is that there’s a little something for everyone. Whether your party’s interests are in the nightlife, outdoor life, or “just something new and different” life, you’ll have lots of activity options here.
Here are some activities that are part feeling strong and sexy and part working out. Even if it’s something you all haven’t done before, it’ll be fun to learn it together, aka quality bonding time.
- Pole Dancing: Brass Ovaries or Inner Diva Studios
- Aerial Class: Sky Candy (< click to see our experience) or Blue Lapis Light
- Cycling Class: Love Cycling Studio
- iFLY indoor skydiving
- Ax throwing at Urban Axes (< click to see our experience!)
Austin Bachelorette Pool Party
Looking for a private pool? Check out Swimply to rent a luxury pool by the hour in Austin.
If your rental or hotel doesn’t have a pool, hotel pools are available to the public at specific times for a fee. You can book on ResortPass.
Games and drinks? We got them! These low-key activities are the perfect activity for an afternoon.
- Cidercade – arcade games
- Electric Shuffle – shuffleboard [Click to see our experience]
- Smash ATX – ping pong
- Punch Bowl Social – bowling, arcade games, table games
Bachelorette Party Nails & Spas & Blow-outs
Get pampered before a night out at a nail salon, spa, or blow-dry bar.
A unique bachelorette party idea is having a wig party at Coco Coquette! You and your girls will each find her “spirit wig” and get her make-up done. Plan it before going out and the wigs add so much fun to your weekend.
Arts and Crafts for a Bachelorette Party
Austin is full of opportunities to be creative. Check out these crafty shops for workshops.
- 7th Street Candle
- The Paper + Craft Pantry
- The Flower Social
- Upstairs Circus
- Succulent Native (<click to see our experience)
- The Artful Bachelorette
Winery, Brewery and Distillery Tours
There’s no shortage of specialty alcohol in Austin, and we’re proud to have so many that are passionate about their craft. Unless you book a tour like ATXcursions, Texas Winos, Texas Tipsy Tours, or Twisted Texas, you’ll find each location has its own tasting rates and offers. You could also rent your own bus/van and choose which places you visit.
Consider planning your own brewery crawl. See brewery options and areas in my ultimate Austin brewery guide.
A few popular places:
- Winery: The Austin Winery
- Brewery: Jester King Brewery or Zilker Brewing Company
- Cidery: Fairweather Cider Co.
- Distillery: Fierce Whiskers, Still Austin, Treaty Oak Distilling Co, or Deep Eddy Vodka
- Wine Bars: Cape Bottle Room or Wanderlust Wine Collective.
Want to combine a workout and a bar crawl? Try the Pedal Pub. The crawl will be about two hours with three to four bar stops along the way. From experience, I will say it seems fun but it’s also a lot of work, especially when you’re drinking!
Wine and yoga? Vino Vinyasa holds classes around Austin and is available for private classes.
For all your foodie friends, culinary classes are a fun way to learn while you eat! Check out my post about Austin culinary and cooking classes to find the perfect one for your group. The list includes cooking classes, a cheese tasting, a chocolate-making class, and more.
Check out these posts from my experiences:
- Cheese Tasting at Antonelli’s Cheese Shop
- Beekeeper Class with Two Hives Honey
- Tasting and Tour with Still Austin Distillery
- How The Prickly Pear Cooking Classes in Austin Teaches You to Cook Confidently
Outdoor Activities in Austin
One thing Austinites rave about is the weather. There are several perfect months in the spring and fall, though you never know with some months. With plenty of trails and lakes in the area, outdoor activities are abundant.
- Segway Tour: Segway Austin
- Boat Cruise: Capital Cruises or Lone Star Riverboat
- Boat Rental: Retro Boats, Love & Boat, or Float On
- Paddle Boarding: SUP ATX or Rowing Dock
- Kayaking: Zilker Park Boat
- Hike The Greenbelt
- Walk around Butler Trail (around Lady Bird Lake)
- Swim at Barton Springs Pool and picnic at Zilker Park
- Camping: McKinney Falls State Park is the closest to downtown Austin. If you want more options, here’s a great post about camping sites around Austin by Do512.
- Mayfield Park: This small park is the home to a few beautiful peacocks
Shopping in Austin
You’ll find a lot of vintage wear and local goods in Austin, and here are a few places to shop.
- South Congress Avenue: This is a great place to lunch and then walk around. You’ll find vintage stores, gift shops, and a candy shop. Stop by Maufrais to get a custom hat made.
- 2nd Street District: Great mix of restaurants and shops here
- If you’re looking for Austin-specific gifts, these shops sell local goods like stationery, jewelry, candles, art, and more: The Paper + Craft Pantry, Atown, Parts & Labour
- The Domain, Domain NORTHSIDE: If you want to shop till you drop, The Domain is an outdoor mall in North Austin with all the big brand names you’re looking for
Museums in Austin
Want to see some cool art installations? Head to these museums:
- Blanton Museum of Art is one of the largest university art museums in the U.S. It has a new eye-catching plaza.
- Museum of Ice Cream has four locations around the world, including one here at the Domain. It has colorful immersive installations.
- Wonderspaces is a local spot known for its creative art exhibits.
Shows and Entertainment in Austin
Seeing a show is something a little different for a girls’ weekend. There are a few to choose from in Austin.
- Esther’s Follies: located downtown on 5th Street, this place is always a fun time. The show, which changes periodically, features sketch comedy (mostly political), musical parody, and magic!
- Music Shows: There are plenty of music venues! Here are some favorites: Stubb’s, Cedar Street Courtyard, ACL Live at Moody Theater, Speakeasy, Darwin’s Piano Bar, and Continental Club.
- Comedy Shows: Sunset Strip, Creek and Cave, Cap City Comedy
- Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar: Ah, yes, a bachelorette classic. When you’re with friends who love the classics as you do, you’ll have a great time here. Expect to sing loudly along to songs. There is a cover but the bride gets in for free.
- Ranch Hands Cowboylesque – shirtless cowboys singing and dancing?!
Dancing in Austin
Dance the night away!
- Gloria’s: Love to salsa? Gloria’s restaurant on 6th Street transforms into a dance club on Fridays and Saturdays at 11 pm. A DJ and free cover make this option enticing.
- Barbarella: Hip-hop, 80’s, and alternative music are all featured here, depending on the night. This bar/club is continuously voted one of the best places to dance in Austin.
- Broken Spoke: Want country dancing? About 15-20 minutes south of downtown, this honky tonk has been open since 1964. It’s an older crowd but fun with a group. They have dance lessons at 8 p.m.
- The White Horse: Another country dancing spot but downtown on East 6th. They have dance lessons at 7 p.m. This is a good option to pop in and then pop out to other bars for a variety.
- On East 6th, check out The Eastern and Volstead.
- Downtown: Don’t want to make plans? You’ll find a variety of dance floors in bars from East 6th to West 6th. Pop in and if you don’t like the vibe, on to the next!
Speaking of dancing, your girls’ night out may include bar hopping and you know Austin is the place to do it. The main bar-hopping areas are East 6th, Dirty 6th, West 6th, Warehouse District, and Rainey Street.
Dirty 6th is the classic nightlife spot you’ve probably heard about in Austin. It’s lined with bars and the streets are closed on the weekends. You’ll find Top 40 music here and on West 6th, Warehouse District, and Rainey Street. If you’re not about drinking a lot, there are great craft cocktail bars in each of these areas. Dirty 6th has gotten a bit sketchy in the past years, so if you want a more laid-back atmosphere, try East 6th.
FREE Activities for Austin Bachelorette Parties
Bachelorette parties can be costly, especially in Austin where you’ll likely spend on all the good food. Many of the above outdoor activities are free, and here are a few more ideas.
- Visit the Texas State Capitol. This might be more for all the history enthusiasts, but it is one of the prettiest places to see in Austin.
- Blanton Museum of Art has free admission on Thursdays. Go see Ellsworth Kelly’s Austin.
- See the Congress Avenue Bridge Bats take flight. From March to October, people gather at the bridge to watch 1.5 million bats fly out at sunset.
- Get free tickets to James Turrell’s Skyspace The Color Inside.
- Take your own mural tour. Austin has a few notable murals perfect for group photos.
- The Harry Ransom Center is located on the UT campus. It is free to visit.
- Do512, the local events and music website, updates its list of free events weekly. Check it out here.
Where Bachelorette Parties Eat in Austin
I have TONS of food recommendations. Your best options depend on what cuisine you’re looking for and what area you will be staying in.
Check out the full guide of best bachelorette restaurants, including brunch.
Also see my Ultimate Austin Foodie Bucket List.
Make Your Bachelorette Itinerary
If you need help making an itinerary, I’ve made a few for you. Check out this post for 6 different itineraries and more than 30 recommendations of restaurants, hotels, activities, and more!
Want more ideas?
- Check out my list of top Austin sights or my Austin Travel Guide.
- Check out this post for more tips on planning a bachelorette party.
- Looking for bachelorette party favors? Check out this post!
- Looking for day trips or weekend getaways outside Austin? Check out this post!
Need help planning an Austin bachelorette party or want specific recommendations? Contact me!
What are your favorite girls’ weekend/bachelorette party ideas?