Time to party! If you’re planning a bachelorette party or girls weekend, you might be thinking about party favors. These are a good idea to add extra fun to a party, to thank guests for joining, and to commemorate the event.
If you’re throwing a bachelorette party or girls weekend in Austin, the following options, many of them made by Austin artists and from Austin companies, are great to tie into the party. Austin has an abundance of cute goodies that would be perfect for a swag bag.
Austin Party Themes
A party theme is a way to coordinate outfits, activities, and get everyone excited about the weekend. For a party in Austin, you might be eating Tex-Mex, doing some two-stepping, finding the mechanical bulls on Sixth Street, and spending the day on the lake. Here are some fun themes you could use:
- Taco Bout a Party
- Austin Flamingle
- Final Fiesta
- Last Rodeo/Ride
- Babes and Boots
- Boujee Bach
- Wake and Lake
- Reckless in Texas
- Let’s Get Nauti
- Last Splash
- Booze Cruise
- Vino Before Vows
- Boots in Cahoots
There is a lot of common imagery used for an Austin party, including cactus, tacos, the shape of Texas, bats, boots, lassos, and boats.
Typical Bachelorette Party Favors
These are some common party favors or party supplies that are oldies but goodies.
Make sure your guests have these must-have survival kit supplies: hand sanitizer, ibuprofen, make-up remover wipes, gum, hair bands, band-aids, and sunscreen. You could also have these in a bulk survival kit basket wherever you’re staying.
When it comes to branded things (like customizing something to say “Anita’s Bachelorette Weekend”) or items with bachelorette-themed sayings, think:
- Temporary tattoos
Austin Bachelorette Party Favors
Now, let’s go on to some unique party favors you can find in Austin. The following recommendations are Austin local brands, so you’ll be supporting local even before you visit! To create an awesome party favor bag, I recommend picking one item from each category, depending on the interests of your guests. Make it easy on you, buy matching things instead of branded things. These are things your friends can use and enjoy during the weekend and take home to enjoy too.
T-shirts, Jewelry, and Other Wearables for Bachelorette Party Favors
I personally love matching outfits and accessories, but wearing something customized with the words bachelorette party or a year on it could decrease the wear. I prefer matching t-shirts, hats, or jewelry that signifies your group is together and celebrating something special. To stand out as a bachelorette party, get your bride a sash!
- T-shirts from Gusto Graphic Tees
- Shirts, Pins, and Keychains from Radical Girl Gang
- Hats from Frankie Jean
- Jewelry from Moonfinder Shop
- T-shirts and Hats from Hopdoddy Burger Bar
- Tube Socks from Pride Socks
- Tote Bags from Victrola Design
- Bandanas, Hats, and Koozies from Austin Beerworks
- Jewelry from Amanda Deer Jewelry
- Beanies and Sweatshirts from Austin Eastciders
- T-shirts from Austin City Threads
Food and Drink for Party Favors
When in Austin, eat and drink Austin! While I’m sure you’ll be exploring Austin’s amazing restaurants, these treats are perfect for snacks, to take with you on the lake, and to stock your party house.
- Sparkling Water from Big Swig and Waterloo Sparkling Water
- Mini bottles of Frankly Organic Vodka, Tito’s Vodka, or Deep Eddy Vodka
- Hard Seltzer from Mighty Swell
- Texas and Bachelorette-Themed Cookies from Hayleycakes and Cookies
- Sparkling Yerba Mate from CLEAN Cause
- Bars of Chocolate from SRSLY Chocolate
- Kombucha from KT Tonic
- Popcorn from Cornucopia Popcorn
- Cookies from Wunderkeks
- Ice Cream from Nada Moo!
- Craft Beer from…take your pick! There are so many great breweries in Austin!
- Cold Brew from High Brew Coffee
Beauty & Skincare for Party Favors
Would your bachelorette/girls weekend be complete without pampering? Here are some things your guests can use and take home.
Home Goods for Party Favors
These party favors are sweet gifts your friends can take home and reminisce on a fun weekend in Austin.
- Coasters from South Austin Gallery
- Candles from The Burlap Bag
- Stickers from Kathyphantastic
- Plant Art from Little Green Press
- Smudge Kits and Dishes from Karacotta Ceramics
- Art Prints from Katie Made That
- Plants from Succulent Native
Need more party favor ideas?
Here are a few Austin shops to browse a variety of options:
- The Paper + Craft Pantry: this stationery shop has lots of paper products and craft kits
- A-Town: this boutique has tons of local gifts
- Blue Genie Art Bazaar: this marketplace features many local makers and artists
- Slow North: this shop focuses on natural and thoughtful goods
- BookPeople: Austin’s independent bookstore
- Packed Party and Pretty Goods: online shops full of items for bachelorette parties
P.S. Want more Austin bachelorette ideas? Check out this huge guide to where to stay and what to do!