This post is sponsored by Ozarka Water.
The saying goes, “home is where the heart is,” and for me, home is Austin, Texas. Why? Texas is where I was born and raised, where I’ve become who I am and where I am thankful to be surrounded by the best people. My community makes my home, and they’re the reason why I love where I live and why I love throwing parties. These big and small celebrations help us make quality time for each other and strengthen our relationships.
Celebrations are made more special by supporting local companies. I have a lot of pride in my state and the innovative companies and makers are the cherry on top. From craft beer to homegrown snacks, Texas has some amazing products that I love. To celebrate the Texas bounty, Ozarka Water sent me a goodie box of their favorite Texas brands I was excited to try. My boyfriend and I had a date night in to try out some of these products. Here are quick instructions for two of our favorite recipes so you can try it for yourself!
Asparagus and Mushrooms with Yellowbird Sauce
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, chopped into small pieces
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, minced
- 1 bundle asparagus, each chopped into thirds
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped (I like Portabello)
- Yellowbird Sauce
- Heat a pan on medium heat, then add the olive oil.
- Add onions and cook until they start browning.
- Add garlic and ginger. Mix and cook for two to three minutes.
- Add the asparagus and cook until soft, about five minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about three minutes.
- Remove from heat, serve and add Yellowbird Sauce as desired on top.
Beef Steak with The Spice Kings The Juicy Steak Seasoning
Serving Size: 2
- 1 pound natural, grass-fed beef steak
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- The Spice Kings The Juicy Steak Seasoning
- Be sure to take the steak out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
- Heat your flat iron skillet and turn your oven on broil. Skillet is ready when you flick water on it and it sizzles.
- Rub one tablespoon grape seed oil and then beef seasoning as desired on both sides of the steak.
- Place your steak on the skillet for one and a half minutes on each side.
- Put the skillet in the oven for one minute.
- Take the steak out of the oven and off the skillet onto a plate. Let rest for five minutes.
While we have our go-to recipes, it’s always fun to mix it up with new ingredients. I’m excited to try out all the other products Ozarka provided! Here’s a little more about the products in my Taste of Texas box from Ozarka.
Paqui Tortilla Chips
Paqui is an Aztec word meaning “to be happy,” and their tortilla chips do make me happy! I tried the Very Verde Good, which has a taste of sour cream and salsa verde. It reminded me of tastier Doritos Cool Ranch chips. These chips have no GMOs, no MSG, no trans-fats and are gluten-free. These happy chips originated from Austin, TX.
Snow’s BBQ Sauce
When you’re in Texas, it’s all about barbecue, and Snow’s BBQ was named the best in Texas by Texas Monthly. Located in Lexington, Snow’s BBQ is about an hour outside of Austin, but you can get their original BBQ sauce in stores. Slather this on your favorite cut of meat!
Yellowbird Sauce Jalapeño Sauce
Another Austin, TX original, these natural, spicy condiments go great with anything that needs extra spice. I could see this added to spice up tacos, pho, fried eggs, and more. They come in flavors of Jalapeño, Habanero, or Serrano.
The Jelly Queens Black Garlic Rosemary Sauce and The Spice Kings The Juicy Steak Seasoning
If you need gourmet jams, jellies, spices and sauces, check out The Jelly Queens. This company focuses on handmade small batches with organic and locally grown ingredients. The Black Garlic Rosemary sauce will liven up your dishes and their brand The Spice Kings has a variety of spice mix flavors.
Taste Elevated Sweet & Spicy Mustard Seeds
Time to elevate your charcuterie game with Taste Elevated’s Sweet & Spicy Mustard Seeds! This flavor-packed condiment can also be topped on burgers, sandwiches, meatloaf and dressings.
Ozarka Brand Natural Spring Water
Ozarka is the brand you know and love. From Ozarka water bottles to Ozarka Water Delivery, it’s a company that has been a constant in my life.
Thank you to Ozarka Brand Natural Spring Water for sponsoring this post and supporting our local communities. #FromHereForHere is a campaign to celebrate everything we love about our community!
What are you favorite Texas products? Comment below!