Wanderlust? Me too! My monthly Fearless Wanderlust posts will keep you informed about travel news and give you inspiration for your next trip.
Find a Campsite
When I talk to others or read articles, I hear many say they would rather take a road trip or camp in the future. U.S. National and State Parks are starting to open up again to overnight camping and this company allows travelers to rent a campsite on private land. Will you be taking a road trip or camping this year?
If you’re thinking about future travel, your choice might not be where you can travel but where you’ll be allowed to travel. According to this article, because of the lax restrictions in the U.S., there are talks of restrictions of where U.S. travelers will be allowed in for fear of what they bring with them.
Let’s Go Running
I’ve traveled to a few places to run a race and it’s a fun reason to travel. Make it a group trip to explore a new city. I also like races that take you through different neighborhoods so you get a quick tour on foot. I think the Austin Marathon does a great job of that! I also experienced this when running the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta. Here are some other destination races that look fun:
- Love wine? You’ll have to try the Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon
- The Disney race is a popular one
- I’ve heard this Las Vegas Half Marathon is a fun one to run through The Strip
- If you’re interested in signing up for the 2021 Austin Marathon, use my code “AnitaAustin2021” for a discount
As I talked about in last month’s Fearless Wanderlust post, the impact on the tourism industry could be devastating. One area of impact is Africa and the lack of tourism could change conservation standards. Without tourism dollars, people may turn to poaching. This article details more.
I didn’t like podcasts until recently. I like checking books off my long list, so listening to audiobooks is my first choice. But I’ve been listening to podcasts for subjects I can’t find books on and by people I want more content from. I personally haven’t listened to these podcasts, but they come recommended. If you want to indulge in travel news and inspiration in a new way, try these podcasts.
- Passport – a new podcast about travel stories
- Skift Podcast – travel news
- Travel With Rick Steves – the travel guru and his conversations
- Zero to Travel – travel stories, insights, and advice
Travel Through Food
One way to celebrate your adventures, create your own adventure, and travel from home is to cook something new or take a virtual tasting. Here are a few ways you can do that.
- Chocolate Noise is hosting virtual chocolate tastings.
- Travel Blogger The Blonde Abroad has been posting recipes from around the world that you could try at home.
- Antonelli’s Cheese Shop, my local cheese shop, is hosting virtual farm tours and tastings. You’ll need to be local to pick up your cheese plate.
Where are you daydreaming about?
P.S. The above picture is from our trip to Belize. It was a wonderful trip that involved a little bit of everything I enjoy when I travel. See those Belize posts here.